my summer of EVERYTHING

Well, things just keep coming at me--fast! I may get to work in Salt Lake City [as a Des News intern!] for the fall semester, and I have two different writing/editing jobs at the university right now. Plus, tomorrow is my birthday. Yep. It's finally the big 2-0. I can't believe I've been alive for 2 whole decades. I mean, age is finally meaning something to me. Ha, nobody any older than me would like to hear me complain, but I'm really  not. I just finally am starting to understand that the years are going to keep coming and I am only going to keep adding years to that number of mine. But I am excited.

Started a whole new decade sounds like an adventure. Right??

I have also been thinking a lot about a certain person who has been special in my life, but is far away. He has always been a good friend, and lately I have just been missing him a lot. He even took the time to make sure I got a happy birthday message from him:

Isn't he a sweetie?? What a guy. If only I had thought of something as clever to send him for his birthday. I can't wait to see him again.

But really, things are good. Life is good. I get to go on some birthday adventures today with my family--and we know that's going to be an adventure. 4 boys. One crazy mom. What could go wrong?


Comments

Popular Posts