signs of life

After my miscarriage last December my greatest fear was getting pregnant again and then losing another baby. So when I found out that I was pregnant at the beginning of February I remember kneeling to pray and ask that if things would be able to work out that I could know and have peace of mind about it all. I remember warmth coming over me and knowing it would work out. 

Weeks later I remember praying another time to know that things would work out and knowing that they just would, that I would hold this baby in my arms one day and that she would be good and amazing and well. 

I remember the first time the baby fluttered and knowing that she was healthily moving inside of me was incredible and so peaceful and just what I needed. From there on she moved regularly and every time was just another confirmation that she was there and well. I started noticing that whenever I had doubts or fears or uncertainties there would be a little flutter. I knew it was just what I needed and that it was the Lord helping me to know all was well. 

Now when I don't hear her breathing while she sleeps or when I need to know everything is okay she will almost always give a little sigh or fidget for a second, and I will know that those signs of life are there, just when I need a little bit of peace.

Signs of life so often come just at the right time, to let us know that there is life and light in so many things and we are always given reminders of that to feed our faith. And I am so grateful for those signs of life coming just when I need peace and comfort from the Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts