tea helps the knot

My heart has been on a crazy trip these last few days [and that ultimately means that the knot in my stomach has decided to tighten up, as well], and I think one of the only ways to calm it down may be with some of the most mellow and comfortable things I know — tea and chocolate-covered peanuts and The Weepies. Which are exactly the things I'm spending my time with, this morning.

In all honestly, I don't like some tea, and am still getting use to this mint tea that I'm trying out at the office. But it's growing on me, and there's something really comforting about the warmth of something minty sweet, with a dash of bitter. 

Then there's my favorite, and one of the only things that really helps, even if just for a few minutes. Chocolate-covered peanuts.

Mix that with the singers who hold my heart, like the Weepies, Greg Laswell, Passenger, good ol' Ron

Today will be okay. And so will my heart. 


Because things always are okay. In the end.

Comments

Popular Posts