words, words, words


Good writing is about telling the truth. We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing which is one reason they write so very little. But we do.
~Anne Lamott

These are but wild and whirling words.
~William Shakespeare

Nothing happens, and nothing happens, and then everything happens.
~Fay Weldon

I have loved you since the moment I clapped eyes on you ... but I want you.
~Laurie, "Little Women"

When I'm really into a novel, I'm seeing the world differently during that time — not just for the hour or so in the day when I get to read. I'm actually walking around in a bit of a haze, spellbound by the book and looking at everything through a different prism.
~Colin Firth 

The ones you are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.
~who knows?

“And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.”
—Nicolas Sparks, Dear John

"[Mormons] will aggressively pursue the most advanced education possible, understand their lives in terms of overcoming obstacles, and eagerly serve the surrounding society. The family will be of supernatural importance to them, as will planning and investing for future generations. They will be devoted to community, store and save as a hedge against future hardship, and they will esteem work as a religious calling. They will submit to civil government and hope to take positions within it. They will have advantages in this. Their beliefs and their lives in all-encompassing community will condition them to thrive in administrative systems and hierarchies--a critical key to success in the modern world. Ever oriented to a corporate life and destiny, they will prize belonging and unity over individuality and conflict every time.




Just some lovely [and slightly humorous] words I have found here and there. They are all different and yet I think they are all wonderful and perfectly touching. 

Comments

Popular Posts