I want....

I want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother. And I want someone who likes musicals, but knows to just shut his mouth when I'm watchingLost. And I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame, and strip clubs are gross. I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks as needed — like I do. I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms, like a damned Disney prince. And I want him to genuinely like me. Even when I'm old. And that's what I want.
— Liz Lemon, 30 Rock


I absolutely love this. I think that it is brilliant and inspired. But most of all I think what I liked about it was that it.... (are you ready for it?)

MADE ME THINK.

What is it that I want from the person I will love forever? If I had to tell someone my own list of things to want, what would I say? What do I really want??

Well, I decided to take this as a challenge. And come up with my own "I want" paragraph/list/endearing group of characteristics. And this is what I want (at least when it comes to my Prince Dashing).

I want someone who knows how to dress sharply, and can enjoy himself walking through art galleries and museums. I want someone who doesn't mind when I want to eat a whole double-meat pizza, but also thinks it's important to stay healthy. I want someone who will laugh at my jokes, but also know when to leave me alone when I just want to eat ice cream and watch my Vampire Diaries. I want someone that thinks women with fake eyelashes and nails are too high-maintenance, but that fake tanning is acceptable occasionally. I want someone who thinks it's okay to go to the library just for fun, and I want someone who will chase the fire engines with me--even if we are in the middle of a date. I want someone with chiseled triceps, a distinguished nose, and a full head of hair. I want someone who wants me. Even on the days that I am acting like nothing in the world is right. Because he will be right. And he will think I'm worth it. That's what I want.

Acceptable?? I certainly hope so. Starting off was a little difficult, but once I got going there were a million things that I could come up.

Figuring what I want?? Pretty important. But seeing that what I have is something that I can still want, even if it isn't exactly the same as some list I make for fun?? Absolutely crucial.

I am satisfied.

Comments

Popular Posts