English Paper

So we turned in our final paper for English (the hard one, persuasive research) and the last thing that we have to do is write a personal narrative. Which isn't tough at all. Except starting it....because the hardest part of the process is picking out what to write about. What to do?? There are a million things that I want to say, and it feels like it would really help me to have them organized in an official paper. Seriously. It's like free therapy. Kind of. Right? So...here are the ideas I came up with in class today, when we were looking at pictures we brought that significance to us:

  • The relationships I have with my rooommates and friends--changes, developments, failures, etc.
  • The relationship I have with Sarah specifically, how it has changed, grown, been damaged, etc.
  • My relationship with Taylor--how it has changed, how it is like other relationships I've had, what's happened with it, all that jazz
  • Coming to college--What I expected, what happened, how I have grown because of it, the newness of the kind of life that I now have
  • Football games, parties, dances, all the stuff that I have smashed into my freshman year of college--what it all has done for me, what I loved/hated, choices I've made, etc etc etc
Then some topics I've just been thinking about a lot in general, lately:

  • A-Team, student council in high school, roles of leadership in my life, how is it helping me lead my life, what is it doing for me, how does it define me--DOES IT DEFINE ME??
  • My relationship with my mother--growing up with the emotions, strictness, anger, miscommunication and my reactions to it all--disobedience, lies, mistrust, etc.
  • My individualism--how am I breaking out, what can I continue doing to grow stronger ALONE, to do things on my own, to learn and strengthen myself and become free from aid of others.
Just a few ideas. I need to sleep on this all.

Comments

Popular Posts