pac-man

10 years ago this month I had my first kiss. 5 years, 3 months ago I ended my longest relationship up to that point. 3 years ago I was learning to be home from an 18-month mission. And last night I lay in bed listening to my sweet husband as he rocked and fed our baby girl and put her to bed. Time is a funny thing, and it’s incredible to look back and realize how our lives change in mere years.

In the most recent episode of This Is Us, Randall talks about how he was obsessed with Pac-Man as a kid, and how decades later he still plays the exact same game with his kids, with that little yellow guy just running around trying to eat as many balls as possible. It hasn’t changed, and sometimes that’s how our lives feel. But we still get those times where we snag a 🍒  or we get to eat the ghosts of our lives up. Many of them will finally catch up to us, but we are just start over and keep living.

My mission president once talked about how so many people will say their mission was the best two years of their life and he always thought that was sad. He said “Every year should be the best of your life. Life only gets better and better, happier and happier.”

I choose to believe that, and this year has been a one of the most difficult for me. But it's also been the best.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts