good, grouchy day

I'm feeling a bit grouchy today. But, truthfully, it's kind of a good grouchy. Like a "I know I look so tired and have a grouchy look on my face, but am actually totally fine" grouchy. Not a mad, gonna snap grouchy. Just a rainy day grouchy. If I was in Logan right now, it'd definitely be a real grouchy. Wanna know why?? It snowed up there. And STUCK. Bleh. I truly hate snow. And before Halloween, for goodness sakes. Aw well, just some light showers going on down here, which I am perfectly fine with.

It's just one of those days where staying home and sitting on the couch under a toasty blanket, with the orange Halloween lights glowing while eating warm soup and lemon bread sounds like the best idea in the world. It took all I had to get up and dressed and put a lunch together and walk out to the car and drive here. But once I was here I got some hot cocoa and was fine.

The thing is, though, work isn't so bad. I like being here. It is warm, I am with funny cool people, and get to write ALL DAY. I can't take it for granted, and certainly can't wish the opportunity to have a good experience away. So I'm gonna enjoy it. And save that rainy, stay-at-home day for when I am really sick or just really can't get myself to do it all. And maybe I'll deserve to work from home for once.

But for today I am going to bask in the responsible, adultness of me. Even if getting up in the morning and getting dressed and coming to work in the rain isn't that big of a deal.

It's a good day. And not the obvious kind of good day. Just a good day.

Comments

Popular Posts